Posts from — November 2012
The Style Common is excited to announce this holidayseason’s most elegant shopping event on December 9th- Alongside Miss Melissa, Closet Full of Nothing and myself. We will be parting with some of our most coveted gently-wornpieces to sell to their Vancouver readers and local fashionistas in the intimate Seasons Room of the Four Seasons.
With the holiday season upon us, this will be a fabulous opportunity forVancouver’s fashion-centric ladies to meet some of their favourite bloggers, nab an amazingpiece or two for upcoming holiday parties and indulge in some delectable treats.
Instead of door prizes, there will be 50 VIP tickets at $20 apiece, whichwill guarantee ticket-holders the opportunity to shop our closets first between 10:30-11:30 a.m.and a gift bag worth approximately $100.
Regular admission tickets are priced at $10 apiece and will guarantee shoppers the opportunity to shop constantly replenished stock throughout the day,snacks and indulge in interactive, seasonal activities at the event.
Sponsors include Bfrend, LOVECOCO, Social Experiment, popchips, christieleighEvents, Christie Graham Photography, Soirette, Bombay Brow Bar and the Four Seasons Hotel.Partial proceeds from ticket sales will go to the St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation.
Hope to see you there!!!
November 30, 2012 1 Comment
As you can image, I have BABY on my mind! My Christmas list has a LOT of baby items on it this year. Do you have a new mommy (to-be) to shop for?? Think of cute items for the new babe, items that will relax/pamper her and cute accessories of course! Shopping couldn’t be any easier… right?
1. Heart One Piece GAP $34.95
2. LOVE you Print $38+
3. Wild Side Skinny Bangle J. Crew $72
4. Chloe Eau de Toilette $64
5. Ciate Paint Pots $15
6. Working from Home ipad sleeve $50
7. Sophie the Giraffe Teether $16
8. Knit Hat $16.95
9. Basket Weave Blanket $25
10. Lip Crayon Box Set $38
November 28, 2012 6 Comments
One of my favourite parts of Christmas is getting all dressed up… including an extra little bit of glam when it comes to makeup! Today Brianne, from Eva Terez Makeup Design will be sharing some of her favourite holiday products to give you that extra sparkle this Christmas season!
1. Deborah Lippmann Holiday Polish $42 | The perfect amount of Holiday sparkle on your nails!
2. Mac ruby Roo lipstick $15 | Extreme matt red lips perfect for the holiday season!
3. Lip Line Perfector Makeup Forever $18| Keeps your red lips in line! Also prevents your lipstick color from bleeding.
4. Cream sparkle eye shadow bobbie brown $24 | Need I say more?
5. Prep and prime highlighter MAC $29 | Gives you a beautiful glow from underneath!
6. Limited Edition Double the bad benifit mascara $29 | For a dramatic lash look!
7. Metallic yellow gold glitter makeup forever $14 | Doesn’t everyone want a little glitter for a holiday party!? Just use a wet brush to apply or mix into a mixing medium formula (mac cosmetics carries one) You can use this product anywhere! I like to add a touch to my lips for a little bit of a glow!
8. Highlighting/ Bronzing Blush Due NARS $24 | Perfect combo for those sharp cheek bones
9. Mac #7 Lashes $16 | Natural length but gives you fuller eyelashes! Beautiful on all eye shapes!
10. Bobbi Brown long wear Gel eyeliner $22 | My favourite gel eye liner ever!!
Follow Brianne | Twitter: @EvaTerezMakeup Instagram:@evaterezmakep Facebook:EvaTerezMakeupDesign
November 26, 2012 5 Comments
I know you know “that girl”- the hardest person on your list to shop for. I’ve heard that I’m that girl, actually I know I’m that girl. I can be so specific, yet don’t give a lot of hints to what I actually want in a gift. I’m sorry for all of those who
have to buy for me.
BUT there are things that are just so darn cute, convenient and witty- how could she not fall in love? I’ve tried to pick out some items that might spark some interest for that girl you’re having such a hard time buying for! Hope that helps!
1. ASOS Mistletoe Sweater $56
2. Butter London Holiday Polish $36
3. Metallic Mini pom pom flower $12
4. Heart Slipper Loafer $128
5. Bubbly Champagne Flutes Set of 4 $36.50
6. YSL lipstick $34
7. Rouge Coco Hydrating Creme Lip Colour $43
8. Ceramic Gold Bar Coin Bank | Thebay.com $14.99
9. Kate Spade Jewelbar Enamel Locket $98
10. Tory Desk Calendar With Stand $55
November 21, 2012 6 Comments
This morning I had the pleasure meeting Arren Williams, the Creative Director for Home Fashion at the Hudson’s Bay. I had a chance to talk to him about what he and his team have been up to in the Home Department, including walking the entire floor- absorbing each unique story behind his favourite products this season!
From Joie De Noel candles & a unique Herve Gambes spray on perfume orchid -both discovered in Paris by Arren, to recycled Paper Kitchen dining and serving accessories perfect for every stylish home!
He says, “Not only has fashion been revived at the Hudson’s Bay, but so has HOME!” – I couldn’t agree more!
Arren continually introduced me to new gadgets and home accessories that I desperately need/want to add to my own place! I’m excited to be sharing more in my upcoming Christmas wish list posts! Hint: Video Memo notes posted on your fridge- how cool is that??
Thanks for such a great morning Arren, hope to see you soon!
1. Note to Moi Jonathan Adler $8
2. Joie De Noel Aromatic Candle in Glass $35
3. George Jensen Champagne Cooler $245
4. Kitchen Paper Table Cover $34.95
5. George Jensen Alfredo Carafe $70
6. Herve Gambs Prestige Gift Box Perfume Couture Orchid $75
7. Metallic Rose Gold Pop Phone $49.99
All items available at Thebay.com
November 20, 2012 No Comments
Happy Monday! I can’t believe another week has gone by! But that just means we’re that much closer to Christmas…eek! Today we’re back with my beautiful sister-in-law Brianne for our Makeup Monday Series! Today she’ll be sharing her favourite makeup brushes and some little must haves in between!
Makeup brushes can be tough! Which one is used for what? Which one should I buy? And is it really worth my money to spend that much on a brush?? Brianne will explain everything!
Check our last week’s post In Your Makeup Bag
1) Concealer Brush 6n Makeup Forever $25|Great for concealing around eyes, blemishes and smaller areas like around the nose. Also great for cream eye shadows and eye shadow primers.
2) Foundation brush Makeup Forever 25n $37 |Super soft foundation blush awesome for liquid foundations
3) Pro fan brush Sephora #65 $27 | Great clean up brush! Helps sweep away any fall out from under you eyes.. also great for applying highlighters/illuminaters and bronzers.
4) BeautyBlender $20 | The perfect washable and reusable sponge. The egg shape is designed to get in those small areas around your eyes and nose. As the large base is great for stippling large areas.
5) NARS Botan Brush (KABUKI BRUSH) $75 |Great for buffing out blush as well as applying powdered foundations and blending.
6) MAC brush cleanser $16.50 | Disinfects, cleans and conditions your brushes all in one solution! It helps the longevity of high quality brushes. I also love this product because it drys very fast so the next time you go for your brushes they are ready to go!
7) MAC #217 Blending Brush $23 | THE best multi purpose blending brush for eye shadows also useable for cream colors. This brush also works great as a concealer brush- if you want to wash it inbetween uses. The fine oval shape really helps put the makeup product exactaly where you want it while keeping soft edges. (#1 must have)
8) MAC #239 Eye Shader Brush $31 | Great for applying darker colors exactly where you want them… high density brush helps to build up intense eye colors.
9) MAC #266 Small Angle Brush $24 | Great for sharp lines like winged eye linner. This brush is also great for filling in eyebrows!
10) MAC #168 Large Angled Contour Brush $44 | Perfect to get those sharp cheek bones! The angle allows you to dip the shorter side in a contour product ( like a bronzer) and keep the other side free of color so it looks soft and well blended.
11) MAC #116 Blush Brush $44 | Perfect for those rosey cheeks! Keeps the colors soft and doesn’t apply blush to harshly.
12) MAC #134 Large powder brush $62.50 | One of my favorites because its not too small which allows it to blend well, but its also not too large which makes it controllable . The perfect size for bronzer and a finishing powder!
13) MAC brush cleanser $16.50 | Will disinfect, clean and condition your brushes all in one solution! It helps the longevity of high quality brushes. I also love this product because it drys very fast so the next time you go for your brushes they are ready to go!
Side note.. MAC brushes are all hand made and completely animal friendly. They brush out the hair from the animal so they are not harmed. :)
Follow Brianne | Twitter: @EvaTerezMakeup Instagram: @evaterezmakep Facebook:EvaTerezMakeupDesign
November 19, 2012 4 Comments
Last year, I had such a fun time coming up with weekly Christmas Gift guides, that I decided to run the series again this year! Every Wednesday leading up to Christmas, I’ll have my top gift choices for everyone on your list! To give you a little taste for what’s to come here are the posts from a year ago:
I don’t know about you, but when it comes to just the thought of Christmas approaching… I like to have a few decorations up, cozy pj’s on, and red accents here and there AND Christmas music playing of course! Once I’m in the Christmas spirit, I’m ready to go! Here are my top picks just to get your warmed up to the idea!
I’ve already got my gold polka dot pj’s on, do you??
1. Gold Polka Dot PJ Set $24.99
2. Cut Glass Ornaments $14
3. Shine On Holiday Cards | Kate Spade $30
4. NARS Gold Digger Lip Gloss $26
5. NARS lipstick Jungle Red $24
6. Bobby Pins | Kate Spade $18
7. Peace, Hope Ornament $3.99
8. Twinkle Icicle Lights | Hudson’s Bay $14.99
9. Jingle Bell Garland $12
November 14, 2012 11 Comments
I’m excited to start a new series on the blog today- Makeup Mondays! I’m even MORE excited to introduce you to my favourite makeup artist, my sister-in-law Brianne Hiemstra of Eva Terez Makeup. If I’m ever “done up” aka: have my makeup done, Brianne is sure to be behind it all. She not only knows my face well, she knows her makeup products inside and out! In the following weeks Brianne will share her favourite products and maybe even slip in a secret or two! We hope you enjoy this series!
Today she’ll be sharing her “Must Haves” in your makeup bag.
Happy Makeup Monday xo
1. Benefit Porefessional | Great primer- oil freee, lightweight, silky and translucent. $29
2. Studio Fix Fluid from Mac Cosmetics | Great for full coverage or you can mix it with some face cream to make it a lighter coverage! $27
3. MAC ‘Haute & Naughty Lash’ Mascara | You can choose if you want a lighter or heavier application! $20
4. Nars Orgasm blush | This blush is so famous because of its amazing color and long wear! $28
5. MAC ‘Pro Longwear’ Concealer | Lasts throughout the day and covers great! $18
6. Urban Decay eye shadow primer potion | Keeps your eyeshadow from creasing and adds long wear! $20
7. MAC ‘Mineralize’ Skinfinish Natural | Use to set and fix foundation or as a touch-up throughout the day. $29
8. Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner| Best eyeliner out there! Doesn’t dry out and lasts all day long. $22
9. MAC Brush 210 Precise Eye Liner | For a perfect winged eye! $19
10. Makeup Forever HD powder | Only need a small amount which makes it last forever! Because it is a micro finish powder it gives the allusion of perfect skin! $32
Follow Brianne | Twitter: @EvaTerezMakeup Instagram: @evaterezmakep Facebook: EvaTerezMakeupDesign
November 12, 2012 6 Comments